Monday, September 17, 2007

Control

So we was "at work" yesterday. Full team in play, everything going real smooth. Weekends are the worse because of special events. So we were busy but like I said we had a full team so we were ok.
I wasn't the team leader. which is cool with me. I don't have ego issues. ( ok I may have some issues ) But it is nice to step back and let some one other then me run the show.
But I was standing at my post watching people come and go when I heard a co-worker come running up the hallway. I heard her shoes slip and then her hit the floor. I could hear her bones break. I knew it was bad before she screamed.
Now everything goes to hell. She wasn't running for no reason so that issue is coming up fast. And the team leader was IN THE BATHROOM!!! Thats ok, every one has to go. But I had to send someone to go get him. So that means I just lost another team member until he returns.
Not to mention, I got three team members trying to carry her out of sight and I'm standing there directing everyone, then it hits me. If I don't get every one back to their stations then we just may loose control over our assignment. So I start directing. I'm so proud of my team. Even know I was not the team leader they still did everything I said.
When the team leader did get there I told him to take over the issue and I would take over the team. So he called it in to the "boss" and called in a medic team to take her to the hospital.
So I'm there trying to run a short handed team and redirecting assignments, I got team members that kept going back to check on her, and I still had the issue that she was running to get help with in the first place. But we got it done! But by the time the "boss" got there I was just alittle stressed. So I may have been kind of yelling.
He tells me to quit yelling!!!!!
I tell him what I just went through to keep things going smooth. And the issues of team members that kept going back to check on her. I was like who wouldn't get stressed.
I am always in control.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL..sounds like you stress relief???..Come visit the "granny"...at camstreams..xxx